The original recipe was from the Cookin Canuck – Peanut Butter and Banana Whole Wheat Quick Bread
I typically modify or adjust recipes and this one was no exception, I subbed coconut oil for the canola oil, and I don’t like using sugar at all so I swapped that out for honey. Also increased the cinnamon since I love that flavor!
4 ripe bananas, mashed
1/3 Cup plain Greek yogurt
1/3 Cup peanut butter (I used Trader Joe’s natural creamy peanut butter)
3 Tbsp Coconut Oil (may have to heat to get it melted)
1/2 Cup Honey
1 and 1/2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
3 Tbsp Ground Flax Seed
3/4 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Salt
1-2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
– In small bowl combine the Flour, Flax Seed, Baking Soda, Salt and Cinnamon stirring well.
– In separate larger bowl Mash the bananas (potato masher works well!). Add the Greek Yogurt, Peanut Butter and melted Coconut Oil and stir to combine
– Add the Honey and stir to combine
– Add the Eggs and stir to combine
– Gradually add the Flour mix to the banana/egg mix and stir just until combined – don’t over-mix!
– Pour into 9″ Loaf pan coated with cooking spray
– Bake at 350 for about an hour (start checking at 45-50 minutes) until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in center
– Cool completely and Enjoy!
Copyright©2014 by Diane McDermott, All Rights Reserved, “Whole Wheat Banana & Peanut Butter Bread”
The content of this blog is the original content of Diane McDermott, NC Residential Real Estate Broker in Charlotte NC’s real estate market serving neighborhoods in Charlotte NC