My husband’s on a low carb menu right now and I won’t eat meat so these were a compromise that we could both enjoy.
To prepare the mushrooms:
– Brush off the mushroom caps and remove the stem (I chopped that and added to the filling)
– Place on baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper
– Roast at 425 degrees for about 10-15 minutes or until tender
To prepare the filling:
– Saute some diced onion in a little olive oil over medium heat for 5 minutes or so
– Add in some fresh or frozen spinach and continue cooking, plus chopped mushroom stems if using
– Spice with garlic, oregano, basil, red pepper – any spices you choose!
Assemble the “pizzas”:
– Add some tomato sauce onto each mushroom
– Layer on the filling
– Top with grated cheese
Bake for just a few more minutes, really just till the cheese is melted. Enjoy!
Copyright©2013 by Diane McDermott, All Rights Reserved, “Portobello Mushroom Pizzas”
The content of this blog is the original content of Diane McDermott, NC Residential Real Estate Broker in south Charlotte NC