I made these the other night and I was lucky to get a picture at all before they were gone. They’re REALLY tasty 🙂
The original recipe is from Green Light Bites – Simply Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms and I only made a couple of adjustments, using frozen spinach instead of fresh and adding Parmesan into the filling instead of just on top
What you’ll need for this recipe:
– Mushrooms (White or Cremini) – Remove and chop the stems to use in the filling
– Spinach (Fresh or Frozen, I used about half a bag of the Trader Joe’s frozen spinach and just let it thaw and cook off the water in the pan, but you coul thaw and drain it too)
– Grated Parmesan Cheese
– Minced Garlic
– Salt and Pepper (depending how much cheese you add, go easy on the salt since Parmesan has a salty flavor already)
– Olive Oil or cooking spray
– Oven pre-heated to 400 degrees
The filling is made with the mushroom stems, garlic and spinach sautéed together for a few minutes.
I let the filling mixture cool off a bit before adding a couple tablespoons of grated Parmesan, then checked whether it needed salt/pepper.
The mushroom tops are stuffed with the filling mix (top with a little Parmesan too if you want) then baked for about 20 minutes and they’re done!
This is a very easy recipe to adjust – adding onion, pepper, zucchini to the filling or even making them more of a spicy version with some cayenne pepper would be delicious 🙂
Copyright©2012 by Diane McDermott, All Rights Reserved, “Spinach and Parmesan Stuffed Mushrooms”
The content of this blog is the original content of Diane McDermott, NC Residential Real Estate Broker in south Charlotte NC