We’ve all seen them, previewed them and shown them – the homes for sale that are a “surprise” in person. While some Charlotte NC homes for sale are indeed a pleasant surprise and better than expected, the real humor and laughs come from the ones that are well, mildly to comically disappointing.
So I’ve come up with a list of criteria that I’d absolutely love to see mandatory in our Charlotte NC area MLS system. I really think it’d save us agents and our buyer clients tons of time 🙂
– Carpet in Bathroom (any bathroom): Yes/No
– Original Cabinets: Yes/No
If YES, more than 10 years old: Yes/No
If YES, has anything (anything at all) been done to update them? Yes/No
If NO: Stop. the kitchen’s old and outdated, just say that.
If YES: New counters on old cabinets (cosmetic enhancement not a renovation)/Painted (still not a replacement but good to know)
– Any use of the words “TLC”, “potential” or “opportunity” will trigger a mandatory inclusion of the 16 photo max detailing specifically all that potential and tlc needed (I don’t think there’s any excuse for not having 16 photos but we all know that’s not a universal opinion)
– Yard size: Takes Less than 30 seconds to Walk OR Actually Usable Yard Space
– Showing Accessibility: Flexible and Actually Serious about Selling OR Demanding, Unrelenting and Just Plain Difficult, plus Sellers and or Listing Agent will shadow you while you’re there (aka we really don’t “have” to sell)
This is by no means an exhaustive list so I’d love to hear suggestions on what home buyers out there and other agents would put on an MLS criteria wish list!
Copyright©2011 by Diane McDermott, All Rights Reserved, “Some Home Search Criteria I’d LOVE to See in Our Charlotte NC MLS System”
The content of this blog is the original content of Diane McDermott, NC Residential Real Estate Broker in Charlotte NC’s real estate market serving neighborhoods in Charlotte NC