When buying real estate in Charlotte NC, the mortgage process and application will require some personal documentation from you, the buyer.
Before applying for a mortgage to buy a home in Charlotte NC, it can be helpful to know what documentation your lender may request so that you don’t have to go digging through old files trying to locate the required mortgage application documentation.
– Your most recent pay stub (for the past 30 days) from your employer including your year-to-date income
– Your W-2 statements for the past two years (if applying now, that would be 2008 and 2007)
– Documentation for any other income
– If you’re self employed – signed copies of your tax returns from the past two years (if you haven’t filed 2008 taxes yet, it may be a good idea to have your 1099 from 2008 handy)
– Checking account statements from the past 2-3 months – ALL pages of the statements
– Savings account statements from the past 2-3 months – again ALL pages
– Statements from any 401k, IRA, other asset accounts for the past 2-3 months – ALL pages
– Your driver’s license – so they can verify you are who you say you are
– Your social security number – in order to obtain a current copy of your credit report. In some cases, your social security card may also be required, for example if you don’t have a valid driver’s license.
Depending on the lender and/or loan program, there may be additional documentation they require from you the borrower when processing your mortgage application to buy real estate in Charlotte NC. But this list should be a solid starting point so that you’ll have an idea of what to expect and what your Charlotte NC mortgage lender will need from you.
It’s also a good idea to have your documentation ready to provide to a lender when you consult with them about a pre-approval to buy real estate in Charlotte NC. If they have your documentation early in the process, it can make your mortgage application smoother and gives the Charlotte NC mortgage lender more time to verify, review and process not only your documentation but also your Charlotte NC home loan.
Related Articles: Are Lenders Still Loaning Money To Purchase A Charlotte NC Home?
Copyright©2009 by Diane McDermott, All Rights Reserved, “Documentation To Have Ready For Mortgage Application”