Which Charlotte NC neighborhoods are right for you? Where would you enjoy living in Charlotte NC? Only you can truly answer those questions, but there are some things to consider when searching for real estate in Charlotte NC.
– Are neighborhood amenities important? Community swimming pools, clubhouse, tennis courts, golf course, or do you prefer a neighborhood without these features…
– Are schools a consideration? This one’s especially important since some school boundaries actually cut through neighborhoods!
– Access to transit or “walkability” factors? Is being able to utilize area amenities without driving important to you?
– Property/lot size? Is more property and/or privacy important or do you prefer a smaller lot with less maintenance?
– Homeowners associations? Most newer neighborhoods have some sort of homeowners association (and accompanying restrictions on what you can/can’t do with the exterior of the house) in place. Association fees and dues are another consideration.
– Location. Where do you want to be, what commuting, shopping, dining, entertainment features are important to you?
Having considered what you’re looking for in a neighborhood will help refine the neighborhoods in Charlotte NC that would most likely match what your specific needs/wants are in your next home and neighborhood.
When buying real estate in Charlotte NC, you’re not just buying the house. You’re choosing to live in the neighborhood where the house is located so both the house and the neighborhood should be someplace you’ll love living and coming home to!
Related Articles: Opportunities and Challenges in Charlotte NC Real Estate
Copyright©2008 by Diane McDermott, All Rights Reserved, “Choosing a Charlotte NC Neighborhood”