There are benefits to having a home inspection done before real estate in Charlotte NC hits the market. While it may seem strange or counterintuitive to have a home inspection done before the property is listed, it can actually be a powerful tool to set your Charlotte NC home apart from the competition.
So what exactly are the benefitsof having a pre-listing home inspection done for real estate in Charlotte NC?
1. Show buyers that you’re not trying to hide anything and you’ve gone above and beyond to make sure any issues with the house are addressed.
2. Standing out from the crowd – a pre-listing home inspection report can be a major point of difference between one real estate listing and the competition.
3. Have the opportunity to address any issues that come to light, before you’re weeks/days away from closing and in the height of moving tension and stress.
4. Reduce the risk of a buyer walking away from a contract when they don’t like the inspection report they pay for – if they’re aware of any issues and what you’re doing to address them BEFORE they have their own inspection done, they’re less likely to get cold feet and walk away.
5. It’s always about price, condition and the competition when selling real estate in Charlotte NC. Condition is the only aspect that you can truly control.
Forewarned is forearmed which is exactly what a pre-listing inspection can do for you as a home seller in Charlotte NC. Buyers take note when the seller is upfront, transparent and forthcoming about the condition of the home.
Want to elect not the have a pre-listing inspection done? That’s fine, but understand the benefits and risk before you make that choice.
Believe me I’ve heard it before, “no way! let the buyers do their own inspection”. If that’s how you feel, that’s ok but take a minute to really understand the risk you’re taking….a failed contract over the buyer’s inspection!
Think buyers don’t walk away (justifiably) over inspection reports? Think again. And really think about how serious you are about successfully selling your Charlotte NC home right now.
Related Articles: Clutter and Selling Your Charlotte NC Home
Copyright© 2008 by Diane McDermott, All Rights Reserved, “Benefits of a Pre-Listing Home Inspection for Real Estate In Charlotte NC”