Daylight savings time will come to an end this weekend, November 2nd, 2008.
– Test your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors and change batteries as needed
– Check your home’s air filters and replace if they’re dirty – this should be done every 2-3 months but now is a good time to check on them if you haven’t recently
– Check all exterior lights and make sure they’re working properly, replace any burned out bulbs
– Check windows and doorways for any gaps and seal with caulk as needed
– Set ceiling fans to turn in a clockwise direction to help circulate warm air
All of these are inexpensive and quick ways to prepare your Charlotte NC home for the cool weather and darker evenings ahead.
Copyright©2008 by Diane McDermott, All Rights Reserved, “Time To Fall Back”